I wanted to share with you this yummy Dressing recipe. I love this on Taco Salads or even as a dip with Salsa and Chips! It's a knock off of Cafe Rio's Dressing and pretty easy to make!Ingredients
- 1 (1 oz.) package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 C. Mayonaise
- 1 C. Buttermilk (small carton)
- 1 large or 2 small tomatillos (they are green and by the tomatoes)
- *IF you cannot find tomatillos, I buy a can of diced green chilies and substitute those, it turns out great!
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 -3/4 bunch cilantro ( I just grab a handful and place it in the processor unchopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, with seeds removed
1. Place all of the above ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend them all up, If the dressing appears too thick I add some milk to it while I'm blending it to thin it down… When finished, let the dressing sit in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour before serving. This allows the ingredients to blend together.
2. This is fabulous over taco salads or burritos or even a topping on enchiladas. One of my favorites is over Crock Pot tacos! I'll share that recipe soon too!